It's no wonder that online shopping is growing in popularity. All you need is a laptop or tablet and you can browse your favorite stores from the comfort of your assisted living apartment. With a few clicks, you can place your order and have it delivered right to you at Park Regency Thornton.
Whether you want to buy clothing, books or gifts for the favorite people in your life, it's easy to shop online. We've pulled together some tips to help you navigate the world of e-commerce. Let's go shopping.
These days, nearly every company has an online store.
• Many well-known retailers are online, including Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's, Nordstrom, LL Bean, Bloomingdale's and Eddie Bauer.
• Your favorite local businesses in Thornton may also have online stores.
• Online marketplaces such as Amazon sell products from different vendors. Amazon is the market leader, but you can also shop Etsy for handcrafted items, and eBay for used and new items.
• Many museums and galleries have put their gift shops online, including the Museum of Contemporary Art and Museum of Nature and Science in Denver. You can even shop at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York or the Smithsonian.
Here are some things to watch out for when shopping online:
• Use reputable retailers and companies you're familiar with. If you've never heard of the company, do some investigating. Are there complaints with the Better Business Bureau? Does the website have a phone number and the address of a head office or physical store?
• Check that the website is secure so your private information can't be seen by when it's sent over the internet. A secure site has the icon of a lock to the left of the website address.
• The site is also secure if the website address begins with https. If it says http — without an s — it isn't secure.
Before you shop, make sure you understand the site's policies. These are usually linked at the bottom of each page.
Shipping costs may be charged in several ways:
• A flat rate no matter what you purchase
• Different rates depending on how much you spend
• Higher rates to receive items faster
• Free shipping with a minimum purchase, like $50 or $100
Some sites offer free returns. Other companies may give you a return shipping label but deduct the cost from your refund or ask you to return items at your own expense.
Once you've found a product you like, put it in your virtual shopping cart. This is where the items you want to buy are saved.
• Make the necessary selections such as type, size or color
• Click the quantity you want
• Click to add to cart
You can put items in your cart and change your mind about them later. Just remember to review all items before you purchase.
When you're finished browsing, look for the icon of a shopping cart that's usually in the top right-hand corner of the website. Click this symbol to view the contents of your cart and confirm that it contains the correct:
• Size, type or color
You can remove or delete items you change your mind about, as long as you haven't completed the purchase.
Once you're sure your cart is correct, look for a button that says proceed to checkout to complete your order.
You may be asked to create an account with the site. This means that in the future, you can log in and have your personal information already filled in. Most sites let you check out as a guest, which saves you from having to create an account.
Make sure the only information you provide is your name, address and credit card information. You shouldn't be asked for your birthdate or Social Security number to make a purchase.
Fill in the fields as requested, which typically include:
• Email address
• Shipping address where you want your parcel sent. This may be your address at Park Regency Thornton or the address of friends or family that you're sending a gift to.
• Billing address. This is your address, and it should be the same one as your credit card
• Desired shipping (standard or expedited)
• Promo code. If you have a discount offer, enter this code before you pay for the purchase.
• Payment information. Enter your credit card number, expiry date and three-digit CVV number on the back of your card.
• Submit your order
A confirmation number should appear on the screen. Write this number down and keep it until you receive a confirmation email.
And that's it — you've made your purchase and can enjoy the time you've saved by shopping from home.
Most online retailers keep you updated on your order. You should typically receive by email:
• Confirmation summarizing your purchase
• Shipment notification when your order has shipped. This email usually has a tracking number that you can use with FedEx, UPS or USPS to see where your package is.
• Delivery notification when the package is delivered
If you have problems with your order, contact the customer service number that's in your confirmation email or on the website.
*Please don't remove this section it is working with 3 TalkFurther buttons on live url
11555 W. Peoria Ave
Youngtown, AZ 85363
Sales & Marketing: (866) 695-0932
Reception Desk: (623) 933-3333